The final pay claim has now been submitted:
Thank you to all GMB members who responded to recent surveys regarding your aspirations for pay this year. All of the results were collated and considered by your GMB teams of Officers and Reps and the GMBs National Local Government and Schools Committees.
GMBs National Committees agreed that our claim should include: an increase of no less than RPI; a Covid recognition payment, review of term time only contracts and consideration of retainers; a reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 hours in London); a review of mileage rates.
GMB presented this claim to Unison and Unite in discussions to agree this year’s joint union pay claim. The final pay claim, as agreed by all three unions, and which has now been submitted is:
· A headline claim of an increase of £2,000 on each pay point, or of the current RPI rate, whichever is the greater
· A Covid-19 recognition payment
· Review of term time only contracts and consideration of retainers
· Reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 in London)
· One additional day of annual leave across the board
· Introduction of a home working allowance for all staff who are working from home
· A national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils
· A separate urgent review of all mileage rates currently applying
I work in a school, does the pay claim affect me?
This Pay Claim is for all Local Authority Maintained Schools and the vast majority of Academy Trust Schools.
For any Academy Trust that does not automatically apply NJC Pay settlements GMB will submit separate claims with the Employer. These Pay Claims will be exactly the same as detailed above to try and ensure consistency and continuity for all School and Academy support staff.
What happens now?
Employers will now consider the pay claim ahead of pay negotiations starting.
Resource pack for Local Government & Schools members and reps will be updated and circulated shortly.
Workplace visits will be starting shortly.
How can I get involved?
If you and your colleagues want a GMB campaign in your workplace to improve your terms and conditions, please contact us today.
Not a GMB member? Join today www.gmb.org.uk/join
Want information about getting more involved with GMB and supporting members in your workplace?
Email Darren.James@gmbactivist.org.uk – Branch Secretary or Donna.Spencer@gmbactivist.org.uk – Education Convenor
You can find more details about the pay claim here.
Posted: 10th June 2022